Women's Health Center in St Louis, MO
During menopause, it’s common for estrogen levels to fall. Some women may experience uncomfortable symptoms such as hot flashes, vaginal dryness, painful intercourse and a big dip in libido. Ladies: you don’t have to suffer in silence. Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) may be your solution. It’s also known as hormone therapy, menopausal hormone therapy, and
estrogen replacement therapy, and is the most effective treatment we have today in reducing menopause symptoms. It uses
synthetic hormones to replace natural hormones lost in menopause.
Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) first became a popular treatment for women going through menopause in the 1950s.
HRT was believed to reduce menopause symptoms such as hot flashes, heart disease, memory loss and osteoporosis. It’s
recognized as an important therapeutic response to a number of health conditions. However, the decision to use HRT
depends on your symptoms and risk factors, a decision that should only be made after a discussion with your doctor.
5 Signs You May Need HRT
You may be a good candidate for HRT if:
1. Sex has become unenjoyable due to lack of libido, vaginal dryness and painful intercourse.
2. You had a hysterectomy before you went through menopause or your ovaries do not function as they should, resulting in an
inability to produce the hormones your body needs.
3. You have severe menopause symptoms, such as hot flashes and night sweats, which are causing serious health problems, like
insomnia, chronic fatigue and depression.
4. You have a family history of osteoporosis. HRT, which boosts bone density, has been approved by the FDA to treat women,
particularly over the age of 60.
5. You have post-natal depression or premenstrual depression. Studies show these women may find help through HRT, which can
reduce signs of depression.
Do you experience any of the above problems? Don’t suffer alone. There is help out there!
If you feel you may benefit from HRT, or aren’t quite sure, don’t hesitate to call us. We’ll start off with a consultation where we will discuss our process and you can ask questions.
Contact The Health and Wellness Center for Hormone Replacement Therapy in St. Louis, MO
To learn more about how we can help you with HRT, call our office at 314-722-6555 or visit our Sunset Hills Location in St. Louis, MO.